About Millersville University
Home to a faculty of dedicated, highly regarded educators, Millersville University has been recognized for educational excellence for more than 160 years. We BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF WE, which is why we are dedicated to providing a supportive, enriching environment.
The smart choice for motivated students
Founded in Lancaster County as a teachers college in 1855, Millersville University has grown to offer a range of programs in science and mathematics, education, humanities and social sciences. Millersville is among the most esteemed public universities in the Northeast, attracting not only Pennsylvanians but out-of-state and international students who seek a top-rated liberal arts education. Our faculty are among the best in their disciplines and have real-world experience with the desirable industry connections that come with it.
We are a community dedicated to high quality education at an exceptional value.
We will inspire learners to change the world.
- Exploration: Millersville University embraces a culture of exploration, creating a dynamic learning environment that fosters intellectual curiosity, creative intelligence, innovation, forward-thinking ideas and exciting discoveries.
- Professionalism: Millersville is founded on a tradition of academic excellence, expert knowledge and professional collegiality. Our diverse community of learners is comprised of skilled and dedicated educators and staff who model maturity of thought and practice while exhibiting mutual respect.
- Public Mission: Our mission calls upon us to respond to the urgent and emerging needs of our growing regional, urban and metropolitan communities. Through interdisciplinary learning, collaborative and cross-cultural experiences and a renewed focus on a liberal arts tradition, our students become well-prepared for meaningful participation in the broader society.
- Inclusion: We are firmly committed to supporting and advancing the diversity and inclusion of our campus community. Inclusion is creating a campus community where differences are welcomed and respectfully heard and where every individual feels a sense of belonging.
- Integrity: Our commitment to integrity is measured by action and responsibility. It engenders a culture of trust, rich with opportunities for rigorous applied learning and meaningful civic engagement and public stewardship responsive to the needs of our vibrant and evolving metropolitan region.
- Compassion: Our ethos of compassion permeates all of our endeavors and interactions. Learning about and being sensitive to the experiences of people and cultures, whether nearby or afar, fosters individual, professional and institutional growth.